- Ten digital inputs for 5.1 and 7.1 soundtracks and HI/VI
- HDMI input/output for non-sync sources (DPM 100H)
- Dolby® Digital Plus® and DTS®-HD
- Network control and monitoring via SNMP
- Serial automation control via RS-232
- Analog Inputs for film processors, non-sync and Mic/Line
- Master volume and full 1/3 Octave Graphic EQ on all channels (except subwoofer)
* Booth Monitor loudspeaker and headphone jack
- Digital Loudspeaker Crossovers — three passive or bi-amp screen channels
- Compatible with all existing DCA amplifiers — thousands of DCA-equipped screens are ready for full network monitoring and control
- Multiple Bypass modes routes audio around failed components to insure that the show will go on
- Intrinsic Correction™ for DCS loudspeakers for optimal “out of box” performance and reduced set-up time
- Continued development of software and firmware will add new capabilities to the existing hardware with easy firmware updates
DPM Series processors are a powerful solution for today’s D-Cinema audio systems. DPM offers a complete set of tools to facilitate all the signal processing, audio distribution, monitoring and automation control required in a modern D-Cinema sound system.
Configuration and Networking
The DPM offers a variety of options for configuring and managing the product and an entire cinema sound system locally or remotely. Local DPM configuration and system management are provided through directly applied connections to the DPM via universal serial bus (USB), the DPM front panel LCD and buttons or through a local Ethernet link (DCPNet). Remote and system-wide management are possible through more sophisticated network implementations and/or via wide area network (WAN) topologies, Internet access or 3rd party subscription services that make use of the DPM third-party API or SNMP.
Basic configuration of the DPM product is performed through the USB interface on the product front panel or via theEthernet connection on the rear panel. The system designer connects to the DPM’s USB or ethernet port with a Windows or MAC laptop or PC running the DPM Manager™ software application. DPM Manager offers all the setup tools and system management objects to configure the auditorium audio format, selection of audio source material, configure the DSP signal path, apply crossovers, EQ etc., define the routing of audio to the amplifiers, define the system speakers and speaker processing etc. Once the basic configuration is complete, the system designer can define up to 16 custom Presets that can be recalled for different auditorium setups. For example, a Preset can be created for the primary presentation content.
Another Preset can be created for non-sync or alternative content. And yet another Preset can be created for live application use such as seminars or corporate events. Once these Presets are created they become accessible via the DPM front panel user interface. In addition to basic configuration, DPM Manager can be used to monitor health, status and performance of the system via the product’s USB or Ethernet interface.
Intrinsic Correction corrects the intrinsic behaviors of cinema loudspeakers, removing any anomalies from the equation of factors that affect measured response and, ultimately, the quality of sound. It involves a set of laboratory derived settings which are implemented in the DPM Series processors. Intrinsic Correction optimizes performance and minimizes the amount
of on-site room tuning, because many response anomalies are corrected before the loudspeakers are installed. Settings for most QSC cinema loudpeakers are already available in every DPM processor.
DPM Series processor/monitors are designed with the philosophy of complete System Synergy. With QSC innovations like Intrinsic Correction, DataPort connectors, integrated monitoring, along with the reliability upon which we’ve built our reputation over the last half-century, DPM Series processors optimize the performance of QSC amplifiers and loudspeakers. The DPM 100 and DPM 100H are the most cost-effective and high performance cinema processors available today