- Active Inrush Limiting - won't blow circuit breakers at turn-on (a QSC cinema exclusive!)
- Both speaker and monitor panel outputs (a QSC cinema exclusive!)
- Exclusive PowerLight power supply for great bass (a QSC cinema exclusive!)
- A hum-free noise floor and ultra-low distortion
- Optional crossover modules for bi-amp, tri-amp and subwoofer applications
- Only 3.5 inches high; even the most powerful systems can be built with only one rack
- DataPort interface for DCP Digital Cinema Processors and DCM Digital Cinema Monitors - a QSC cinema exclusive!
- Patented Output Averaging™ short circuit protection
- 14" deep - works with standard depth racks for lower cost and less floor space
- Only 21 pounds, for easier racking and shipping - no need to remove amps from pre-wired systems before shipping
- Gain control security cover protects amp against tampering and misadjustment
- Variable-speed fan cooling and back-to-front air flow
- Neutrik Speakon® and safety-shrouded barrier strip output connectors
- LED indicators for metering, status, and operating mode (a QSC cinema exclusive!)
Crystal-clear, breathtaking, seat-shaking cinema sound is here with our DCA Series Digital Cinema Amplifiers. These THX approved amplifiers offer superior performance and features designed specifically for the cinema market. All DCA amplifiers feature PowerLight™ switch mode power supply technology and DataPorts for integration with DCP Cinema Processors, QSControl.net or DCM Cinema Monitors.
Five 2-channel and two 4-channel models offer power points from 200 to 1700 watts per channel in a two rack, 21 pound amplifier. With QSC's exclusive PowerLight® switching technology you'll hear ultra-powerful bass and superior highs in every scene.
Heavyweight Power Built To Last
Built on a rugged tour-grade chassis, DCA 2-channel and 4-channel amps deliver heavyweight power in a light 2RU package. All models are equipped with our innovative DataPort interface, which facilitates a fast hook-up, enables control and monitoring via QSC processors, and supports a range of useful accessories.
All are safeguarded by protective circuitry that keeps them going strong over the long haul.
Innovative DataPort Interface
Using a standard VGA-style connector that simplifies wiring and speeds up installation, the DCA DataPort interface provides single-cable integration with DCP, DXP, DCM and Q-SYS processors. Creating a smart, centrally controlled system that goes beyond simple audio connections, DataPort enables DSP crossovers, speaker-specific EQ, and monitoring and control of amplifier and loudspeaker functions. DataPort also accepts and powers analog accessory devices (XC-3, SF-3, and LF-3) that expand the capabilities of both DCA and ISA 2-channel amplifiers.
A single QSC DataPort connection includes two channels of audio, output voltage monitoring (VMON), current monitoring (IMON), clip/protect monitoring, and thermal monitoring. DataPort also enables AC standby control and provides a 15 volt DC power supply for rear-panel accessories.
Exclusive PowerLight Switching Technology
With PowerLight technology, DCA amplifiers take your soundtracks to a whole new level. Not only does it give your music bigger bass and cleaner highs, PowerLight also cuts wasted heat and boosts reliability.
PowerLight is a switching power supply that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times a second through an ultra-low impedance circuit. This Ultra-fast charging of supply rails results in tighter bass and clean, transparent highs. So, unlike high-powered amps with conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely, but remains crisp and clean. It virtually eliminates hum and greatly reduces noise, providing a vast dynamic range that can handle the most demanding digital soundtracks without running out of headroom.
DCA Series amps also boast a set of useful features such as:
• Individually selectable clip limiters and subsonic filters
• Stereo, parallel, and bridged mono operation
• Extensive protection circuitry guarding against failures such as DC, infrasonic, thermal overload, and short circuits.
• Active Inrush Limiting allowing the amps to be turned on and off safely without expensive AC power sequencers